Dental crowns are often needed to restore a severely damaged tooth and your oral health. However, when you have a dental crown, it is essential that you take good care of it. While your dental crown will not suffer from tooth decay, it can still hold bacteria that can seep into your gums and cause gum disease, which is why it is crucial to brush each day.
Our dentist, Dr. Shelly Galvin, is happy to assist you with your dental crown needs and any questions you may have about your oral health. As a result, our team is excited to give you the information you need to know about caring for your dental crown.
Here is a list of ways to care for your dental crown:
– If a dental crown is knocked out, it may be placed back on the tooth by our dentist.
– You should look at your dental crown as a normal tooth, which means caring for it in the same way. For instance, never press too hard when brushing.
– You will need to keep flossing in order to help clean out areas between your teeth that your toothbrush cannot reach. This includes flossing between dental crowns.
– With dental crowns in place, you should make sure to brush your teeth twice every day.
– Use mouthwash to help rinse out your mouth and ensure that no debris or food particles stick to your dental crown.
If you are struggling with your oral health, or if you have questions about dental crowns in Kansas City, Kansas, please call us today at 913-432-0765 to make an appointment. Our dental team at Westwood Dental is thrilled to take your call and help you with your dental crown needs.