At Westwood Dental, we are committed to helping you keep your smile in the best possible health. As part of this dedication, we provide an oral cancer screening during each routine visit to our office. During your oral cancer screening, our dentists check for the signs and symptoms of oral cancer. These may include:
- Unexplained bleeding in the mouth
- Red, white, or speckled patches in the mouth
- Lumps, rough spots, or swellings on the gums, lips, or other areas inside your mouth
- Lasting sores in the mouth or on the face or neck that bleed easily and do not heal within two weeks
- A change in the way your teeth or dentures fit together
We also encourage you to let us know if you experience numbness or pain in the mouth, neck, or face, or if you notice a chronic sore throat or hoarseness. Dr. Galvin and Dr. Thomas are trained to recognize the signs of oral cancer. If we notice anything abnormal, we may recommend further testing and treatment. To learn more about how we screen for oral cancer in Kansas City, Kansas, or if you would like to schedule your next visit to our dental office, we welcome you to call or visit us today. We are dedicated to helping you keep your smile in optimal health.