It is important to remember to take care of our teeth and gums at all times of the year, perhaps most importantly during the holiday season when we are enraptured with all manner of sweets and treats. If we begin to slack on your daily habits, our oral hygiene can fall off significantly in only a short amount of time. Your main priority is to maintain your brushing techniques and habits to the best of your ability.
Here are few important tips to remember about caring for your teeth:
– Look for toothbrushes and toothpaste that have the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Make sure your toothbrush is the proper size and fits comfortably into your mouth. Also be sure it can reach all areas around your teeth and gums.
– Brush your teeth and gums in two minute intervals, twice daily. Don’t forget to floss once daily as well.
– Replace your toothbrush at least every 3-4 months or earlier if your bristles are heavily worn.
– Eat a proper diet, and avoid sugary foods that are difficult to brush away, such as hard candy and chewy taffy.
– Stop by for a visit to your dentist at Westwood Dental every six months for an oral exam and professional cleaning.
– Due to cross-contamination, try to avoid sharing toothbrushes or storing next to other brushes.
It’s important to stick to your routine, and not slack off on your oral health care habits. If you would like to set up an oral exam or professional cleaning with Dr. Shelly Galvin, please call us at 913-432-0765, to speak with a member of our friendly staff. You can also stop by our office in Kansas City, Kansas. Stop by and brush up on your oral health today!